QUESTIONNAIRE FOR STUDENTS

QUESTIONNAIRE FOR STUDENTS Topic : KOWLEDGE ABOUT PHYSICAL ACTIVITY GUIDELINES AND DISEASES, AND CONCEPTUALIZATION OF HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION Note : This questionnaire is floated in order to elicit information leading to completion of an important academic study.Your co-operation and support would go a long way to complete this research, which would be highly appreciated.This information would be kept confidential and use for this research.Please answer the questions to the best of your knowledge. I. Demographic Profile 1. Have you taken this survey before? Yes No 2. What year did you graduate from high school? 2012 2013 Other 3. What is your age? 18 19 20 21 4. What high school did you graduate from? __________________ 6. What is your gender? Male Female 7. What best identifies your current level of exercise? (please choose one) * The word MODERATE refers to activities like brisk walking, gardening, slow cycling, dancing, or hard work around the house ** The word VIGOROUS refers to activities like basketball, jogging, running, fast cycling, aerobics class, swimming laps, singles tennis, racquetball, etc. o I don't exercise/walk regularly now, & don't intend to start in near future. o I don't exercise or walk regularly, but I have been thinking of starting. o I'm trying to start to exercise or walk or I exercise/walk infrequently. o I'm doing 25 minutes of vigorous** exercise <3 times/wk or 30 minutes (or <75 minutes/wk) of minutes/wk) of moderate* exercise <5 times/wk (or <2 1/2 hrs/wk). o I've been doing 30 minutes of moderate* exercise >5 /wk (or >2 1/2 hrs/wk) for last 1-6 month. o I've been doing moderate* exercise >5 /wk (or >2 1/2 hrs/wk) for last >7 month. o I've been doing 25 minutes of vigorous ** 3-5 times per week (or 75 minutes/wk) for 1-6 months. o I've been doing 25 minutes of vigorous ** 3-5 times per week (or 75 minutes/wk) for 1-6 months. II. Conceptualization of High School Physical Education When did you take physical education? How many semesters in a year did you take physical education? How many days per week did you take physical education? How long were class sessions? Which descriptor most describes your PE experience? Junior level o Yes o No Senior level o Yes o No o One o Two o 0days/ week o 1 day/ week o 2 days/ week o 30 min o 40 min o 50 min o 60 min o 70 min o 80 min o Sport o Skill o Health and wellness o Cooperation o Out door adventure III. Conceptualization of High School Health Education When did you take health education? How many semesters in a year did you take health education? How many days per week did you take health education? How long were class sessions? Which descriptor most describes your health experience? Junior level o Yes o No Senior level o Yes o No o One o Two o 0days/week o 1days/week o 2days/week o 30min o 40min o 50min o 60min o 70min o 80min o Substance abuse o Drivers’ o Sex education o Physical activity o Nutrition IV. Knowledge about Physical Activity Guidelines 1. Moderate levels of physical activity do NOT provide any health benefits. o True o False o I don’t know 2. Vigorous levels of physical activity are necessary to provide a health benefit. o True o False o I dont know 3. Everyone should get 30 minutes of moderate physical activity most days of the week. o True o False o I don’t know 4. What is the minimum length of time of vigorous-intensity (in minutes) one needs to be physically active throughout a week to achieve a health benefit? o 75 min o 90 min o 110 min 5. What is the minimum length of time of moderate-intensity (in minutes) one needs to be physically active throughout a week to achieve a health benefit?" o 75 min o 90 min o 110 min 6. Which of the following physical activities do you believe will provide a health benefit?" T = Traditional physical activity, LS = Lifestyle physical activity 7. Aerobic class (T) o Yes o No o I don’t know 8. Biking (T) o Yes o No o I don’t know 9. Dancing (T) o Yes o NO o I don’t Know 10. Gardening and lawn work (LS) o Yes o No o I don’t know 12. Jogging/running (T) o Yes o No o I don’t know 13. Playing a musical instrument (LS) o Yes o No o I don’t know 14. Moving furniture (LS) o Yes o No o I don’t know 15. Preparing meals (LS) o Yes o No o I don’t know 16. Raking leaves (LS) o Yes o No o I don’t know 17. Recreational sports (e.g., team and individual sports) o Yes o No o I don’t know 18. Swimming (T) o Yes o No o I don’t know 19. Walking (T) o Yes o No o I don’t know 20. Weightlifting (T) o Yes o No V. Knowledge about disease related to sedentary or inactive lifestyle Does a sedentary or inactive lifestyle contribute to the development of any of the following diseases? 1. Asthma o Yes o No o I don’t know 2. Bunions o Yes o No o I don’t know 3. Cancer o Yes o No o I don’t know 4. Depression o Yes o No o I don’t know 5. Diabetes o Yes o No o I don’t know 6. Heart disease o Yes o No o I don’t know 7. Kidney disease o Yes o No o I don’t know 8. High blood pressure o Yes o No o I don’t know 9. Osteoporosis o Yes o No o I don’t know 10. Stroke o Yes o No o I don’t know

Comments